Instructions for students taking the E-Proficiency Profile assessment on Territorium's LifeJourney platform with either no proctor or in a campus setting with a proctor from your institution.
Please read through this entire document before beginning the assessment.
BEFORE YOU START
- Abbreviated form testing time is approximately 45 minutes. The standard form is administered in 2 one-hour sections. There is a timer located within your test window at all times. You will receive a 5-minute warning near the end of your exam time allotment.
- Ensure that you can allocate enough time to work without interruptions. Once you start, you must finish. If you exit prior to completing the test, your test time will continue to count down. If you later attempt to re-enter the test, your time may have expired.
- Use the recommended browser and operating system - see ASSESSMENT SERVICES RECOMMENDED ENVIRONMENT for more details. Make sure any updates are installed on your computer before you start. At this time, the lockdown browser is NOT supported for Chromebooks or iPads.
- If you need a calculator, you must use the one provided with the test on your Lockdown Browser screen. You are not allowed to use other devices such as phones, smart watches, or calculators.
- If you are unexpectedly disconnected during the allotted test time window, you will need to log back in (see below). If the test timer has run out, you will not be able to go back into the test - contact your administrator for possible options about returning to your test.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support. This inbox is monitored by the entire support team.
- Go to the LifeJourney portal at
- You should have received a code from your instructor to take the test. This code is tied to the exact assessment you have been selected to take. On the login page, look directly beneath the LifeJourney logo for Have a test code? Please, enter your code here. Click here to access the screen to enter your test code.
- Type the code in the first field. If you already have an account with Territorium, click Log in; otherwise, create a new account by clicking Create account. If you already have an account, but cannot recall your password, select the Forgot Password? box.
- Fill in all the required fields for creating a new account. Ensure your code and fields are completed correctly, then click the Create button. Once you finish, you’ll be automatically redirected to your LifeJourney homepage.
- On your LifeJourney homepage, you’ll see test tiles for the code(s) entered.
- Closed test window
- Test window hasn't opened
TAKING THE TEST
- Once you start, review the instructions that appear on the following page. Instructions may change depending on the test you’re taking.
- Use of the Lockdown Browser is required for all exam administrations. If you are in a campus lab, your lockdown browser is likely already installed and you will not see instructions to download/install it. If you are testing on your own device, you must install the lockdown browser to proceed. Click on the link that suits your computer's operating system and language: Download for Windows or Download for Mac.
- Once the application has been downloaded, install it on your computer.
- Before starting the assessment, make sure to close all your applications and restart your computer.
- Open only your browser and Log In to LifeJourney.
- Click on the Start button.
- Click Open LockDown Browser OEM
- You will need to select Yes to allow the app to make changes to your device and Close Process for each of the open application prompts.
- While you are being prompted to close your open processes, the system will be on a Welcome screen. Once you click Start, you will be presented with the first test question and the countdown timer will begin.
- Choose your answers and navigate through the test using the Previous and Next buttons at the bottom of the screen.
- Each of the questions is represented across the bottom. As questions are answered they are struck through. Use the Highlight button to mark questions for review.
- In the right-hand corner, there is a countdown time for this section and a start and end time based on when you started this section.
- Screen magnification is available by selecting Ctrl + +.
- Before selecting Submit and continue, review that all questions you intended to answer have been completed.
- You will be prompted to Exit Testing Platform. If your institution has turned on individual score reporting, you will sign back in and see a Score Report indicator on your test tile.
- You’re done! Congratulations!