Purchasing, Managing, and Administering HEIghten® Exams
Admin Quick Start Guide
1. Getting Started in LifeJourney Portal
Territorium’s portal, LifeJourney, will be where you’ll administer the HEIghten assessments. Here, you can purchase inventory, create and manage cohorts via Learning Experiences, utilize AI proctoring, and run reports.
- To get started, log in to your LifeJourney account at https://life.territorium.com/#/login using the username and password that were included in your welcome email.
- Get acquainted with the layout. On this Home page, you will start with your user profile view. To enter administration, open the User Menu in the upper right-hand corner and select your institution under the Institutions section.
- Notice the new menu options in a ribbon down the left side of the page. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the list on the left to see all options. You can collapse any menu section by clicking on the section title.
- The Roles option is where you’ll create new permission sets for different user options. You are seeing these options because you are at an administrator role level. If you need additional accounts created, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your first, last name and email address. You will get a response within 1 business day. Students can register in the system using their email address and an assessment code, which will be covered later in this guide.
2. Purchasing Assessment Units and Checking Inventory
To purchase tests via credit card, select Marketplace from the menu. To use a purchase order, please contact email@example.com to be connected with a Territorium sales consultant. Our volume discounts are for TOTAL quantity (multiple products can be purchased to achieve volume discounts).
- Choose your HEIghten exam by clicking on the tile:
- Testing mode selection will default to “Proctored” (via AI) mode with the corresponding per unit cost
- IF YOU DO NOT need proctoring, be sure to select the drop-down for the testing mode to “without Proctoring”, which will adjust the per unit cost accordingly
- Choose the Quantity of test units
- Click Add to Cart
- To add additional products to your cart, go back to the Marketplace option in your menu (your cart will build as you add products from the Marketplace menu item).
- When you are ready to checkout, select the Cart icon from the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Review your cart contents and then click the Proceed to Payment button
- Enter your credit card information (to use a purchase order or receive volume discounts, you must work with a Territorium sales consultant).
- Click Pay Now to finalize the sale.
- To confirm purchase and ensure sufficient units are available to test your cohort, select Orders under Administrations. The My Products tab will display an accumulation of all your purchased items and the My orders tab gives you an ordering history with access to download receipts for individual orders.
- Purchased test units expire at the end of the month, 1-year post purchase. Expiration date, units expired, next expiration date and units expiring in 60 days, have been added to the My Products and My Orders tabs.
In the LifeJourney portal, Learning Experiences are used to organize reporting groups. For Assessments, these reporting groups refer to the individual testing instance which will be assigned to a cohort of participants. Note that most lists are sorted chronologically from OLDEST to NEWEST, so items that you have just created will be a the bottom of a list rather than the top.
An administration refers to an individual instance where you will be testing a group of participants. We RECOMMEND a single Administration within a Learning Experience for ease of reporting.
A cohort refers to the group of test-takers in an administration as part of a Learning Experience.
- Select the Learning Experiences menu option.
- Choose the option to Create a new Learning Experience.
- The Learning Experience Name should include information that will assist in the location of the correct test groups in the list. For example, “Fall 2023 Critical Thinking”
- Once you have set the Name, the learning outcome programs and the completion criteria, click Submit, you will see options for a new test administration in the next steps.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list to see the new learning experience you just created.
- Creating your Administration is next. Select the Administration Dashboard from the menu items.
- To test the cohort for your new learning experience, select New Administration.
- Administration Name should provide the context for testing that cohort in that learning experience, for example, “2023-November – Psych – 1”
- Enter the maximum number of students to take this assessment in the Max tests allowed field. Leave this field at "0" if you do not have a limit of test takers.
- To select the Test – start typing the name of your purchased exam with the first letter of the test you purchased. For example, type “Q” to see Quantitative Literacy and select it from the drop-down list.
- Dates will open the administration up to test takers for a certain window of time. Enter start/end dates directly into the fields or open the calendar tool and click the first date, then drag to the last date to select the start/end range.
- Time zone is important to note to be able to provide the correct testing times for participants.
- To select the relevant Learning Experience to add to this administration, click on the field and select the relevant Learning Experience that you have created from the list. Click on Create a Learning Experience automatically to have the system auto generate it. If you do not create a Learning Experience, you will NOT be able to create an administration as they have to be related to a Learning Experience to be saved.
- Groups allow for add cohorts of students to a test administration. The Group must be created prior to adding it to an administration.
- Extended Time allows you to offer more time for students to finish their test. You can choose between no extended time, 150% Extended time and 200% Double time. Once you have selected this option, an Extended Code is created for your administration along with a regular time Code. Simply provide students that need additional time the Extended Code for their exam and the remainder of your students the regular time Code.
- Question navigation behavior allows for testing flexibility and how testers can maneuver through an assessment.
- Can go back and change response
- Can go back but can't change response
- Only can go back to unanswered question
- Can't go back to previous questions
- Configuration Options are available for each administration:
- Survey gives you the option to create customized questions at the beginning of the assessment.
- AI Proctoring is only available to select if you purchased the “with Proctoring” mode of the assessment.
- AI Proctors will require you to create proctor roles and users to assign to your administration BEFORE you can add them to an administration. Allows individuals to monitor and resolve any ID validation or testing anomalies.
- Show scores to students gives test takers the opportunity to see their scores immediately after completing the assessment.
- REQUIRED Lockdown browser forces users to download the Respondus lockdown browser. This browser prevents users from doing non-approved activities during the test, like screen captures and navigating away from the assessment.
- Require ID number to learner will give you the option of having unique identifying information for each participant, for example, a school ID number.
- Request geolocation - the geographic location of an Internet-connected service
- Layout options allows the test question number sequence to be at the bottom of the tester's screen or the stop. Bottom is the standard layout.
- Optional final message is a WYSIWYG editor tool that provides a message to the test taker after they have completed the assessment.
- 5 minutes remaining warning for every section 5-second pop-up message indicating 5 minutes remain in the current test section.
- Open window allows you to create a window within the administration in which all learners must begin their test.
- Click Submit to finalize your selections.
- Administration Management. Now that you have a new administration, you can access the different options for management.
- Code – Select and copy the Code to provide in student communications for starting the assessment (See Item #4 below) or provide the Code Extended to those students needing extra time.
- Actions - several functions available to manage the administration.
- View Details – Overview of test administration setup.
- Edit Administration – Access to edit the administration name, dates, and configurations.
- View Students – provides an up-to-date view of the Learner status in the Administration and access to Learner-level reports as they complete the test.
- Reports - Download the Institutional reports and CSV files.
- AI Proctoring - Distribute the testers amongst proctors, view anomalies, resolve ID validation items.
- Accommodation Options - Set individual accommodations for testers.
Based on the type of assessment configuration you have selected; you will need instructions to give to students to access their assessments. The process begins with students using the Administration Code from above and creating their own username and password. Please select the appropriate set of directions for students based on your administration configuration below:
- Student instructions for AI-proctored assessments
- Student instructions for non-proctored assessments